Why did you create Ballistic Market?
With the popularity of "The Keto Diet" on the rise, there is so much misinformation out there, and so many companies rushing to put "keto" products on the market without stopping to understand what keto really means.
So what does "keto" really mean to you?
Keto products should be:
- as natural as possible
- extremely low carb (without relying on "net" calculations to bring it within keto ranges)
- no wheat, rice, potato, tapioca flours, or other gluten
- no vegetable oils or seed oils
- no soy or other beans
- no MSG or other harmful preservatives and fillers
- In addition to the above, none of the following ingredients: Agave, Brown Rice, Brown Rice Syrup, Brown Sugar, Cane Juice, Cane Sugar, Cassava, Cassava Flour, Coconut Palm Sugar, Coconut Sugar, Corn, Corn Oil, Corn Syrup, Date Sugar, Dextrin, Dextrose, Fructose, Glucose, Maltodextrin, Maltitol, Rice Syrup, Sucrose, Oats, Potato, Rice, Soy, Soybean oil, Seed Oils, Canola Oil, Vegetable oil (or hydrogenated anything), Sucrose, Sugar, Tagatose, Tapioca Flour, Wheat, Wheat Flour
How do you choose the products listed here?
We review the products of each of our affiliated brands and pick the items that satisfy our discerning requirements for ketogenic food and supplements (above). We won't put a product on our site if we would be opposed to using it ourselves.
So if it's listed here, it's really keto?
That's the very concept of this marketplace! We want it to be easy to avoid products claiming to be keto but have ingredients to prove the companies behind them really have no idea what that means.
Having said that, we strongly urge you to read the ingredients on every product you buy and track your progress with those ingredients to decide what ingredients work best for you and which are best for you to avoid (even if they are keto friendly). For example, some folks avoid all sweeteners, whether sugar alcohols or sucralose. Others do keto dairy-free or alcohol-free.
Seems like a lot of work to maintain this list! How do you benefit?
There are two ways we receive compensation from the marketplace brands. Some companies may pay a monthly or annual membership fee to be listed on this site (assuming their products are keto). Others may pay us an affiliate referral fee per sale. But don't worry, it doesn't cost you more to buy the products through this market. In fact, many of the brands have discount codes or link discounts they've provided to us to save you money!
What if I like a product you don't have listed here?
Reach out to us via the Contact Form and let us know! We'll see if they have any products we recommend and if they want to participate in the market. And thanks!